- Data Visualization - representation of quantitative data in schematic form (either with or without axes).
- Information Visualization - the use of interactive visual representations of data to amplify knowledge...that is, data is transformed into an image.
- Concept Visualization - methods to elaborate (mostly) quantitative concepts, ideas, plans, and analyses.
- Strategy Visualization - the systematic use of complementary visual representations in the analysis, development, formulation, communication, and implementation of strategies in organizations.
- Metaphor Visualization - displays information graphically to organize and structure information.
- Compound Visualization - complementary use of different graphic representation formats in one single schema or frame.
SM (Stakeholder Map)
FF (Force Field)
The online version is here: A Periodic Table of Visualization Methods
This is a great source for thinking of how to illustrate your ideas and data.